Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Some change

It hit me today that I haven't posted in almost a year. Most would say that they felt really bad about not posting. I could say that, but it would probably be a lie. I guess if I felt that bad about it I would have posted a long time ago.

The main reason I haven't posted is that the blog was about me living in Granbury as a single guy in a new ministry. All of those things have changed in the last year, though. I guess that it was hard to come up with posts about a life situation that dosen't exist.

So, it is time to change the title of the blog and the overall focus. The title "City Slicker in a Ranch Style World" speaks to my entrance into a new family and set of friends who are a bit more "countrified" than I am. I grew up living all over the world, never living in one place more than four years. My friends played video games, watched sports, and made stupid videos on the weekends. The only "country" thing I did growing up was shuck corn on my grandparents back porch in Alabama. That is pretty "country" if you ask me.

Yet, I married this pretty blue eyed girl from Texas whose family likes to hunt, fish, plant gardens, and listen to Texas Country music. So, needless to say, my life has changed a lot in the last few years.

This blog will simply reflect the awesome change that has happened in my life in the last year. I am now a married man with a mortgage and two acres to mow each week. I have a tire swing in my back yard and a shed. I kayak with my brother in laws and mountain bike when I get the chance. I love my wife more than she will ever know and consider myself to be the luckiest guy on the planet.

I am more than a youth minister now. That seems to be less of an identity for me now than it used to be. I am a child of God, a husband, and a uncle. I am a mentor to teens and families as well as a son and a brother. For years the title "youth minister" is what kept me going. It is what gave me my worth. I hope that from now on that will be only one of the ways someone can identify me.

So, entering this new world will be great for me as God continues to expand who he wants me to be. I am glad to be doing so coming from such an awesome family and entering into a new one.

So there! Enjoy the "philosophical" Chris Robey for today. You might not see him again for a while. Check in from time to time and see whats up. Lata!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay, I guess I'll tell on myself. I was relieved to read that you are going to change the title of this blog. My first thought when I saw it was of beans. (You know, Ranch-style Texas) I guess that just goes to show how much I feed them to my family...

We're glad that you're life has changed, too -- because that's meant a wonderful addition to our family. Looking forward to reading more!

Bret Wells said...

Yeah, so I was going to say that you are pretty lucky to get a comment from THE uber-blogger, Rachel Wells...then I read her comment and realized that she misunderstood your post and insulted your new blog title, thinking she was insulting the title you were about to change!!!!

hahaHaHaHAHAHAHA! I taste your bitter tears, Robey! Welcome back to blogging, where all your hopes and dreams can by dashed by friends, family and even complete strangers if you allow anonymous comments.

Rachel said I have to end with something nice:

I like your house.

Lydia said...

that is so funny, rachel!!