Thursday, May 15, 2008

the Wims family

This post is simply to offer up a family in great need of prayer and encouragement. It is a family that I do not know very well but have some connection with through our church. Brad Wims is the son of one of my elders here in Granbury. I know Brad through a fantasy football league that I used to play in a few years ago as well, yet I have only met him in person once here at church. Brad, however developed a rare form of bone cancer last year. Here is the description from their blog:

In January of 2007 Brad was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer called chondrosarcoma. After 3 massive surgeries in a 4 month span, 2 1/2 months of stomach bedrest and hundreds of hours of physical therapy, our family continues to take each day at a time.


The Wims have not experienced a lot of success with conventional treatments so they are looking at some alternative treatments abroad. They have settled with a treatment in Germany and are making preperations to fly over there by the end of the month. This will both be expensive and time consuming, but will possibly be an answer to the illness.

Our church had an extensive prayer time for Brad on Tuesday evening. It was beautiful to see God's people show up and pray for Brad, especially those who had never met him or his family.

I want to extend the prayer circle ever so slightly through this blog. Go to www.thewims.blogspot.com to get the full scope of what this family is going through right now.

I know that it seems like there are so many people to pray for and so much sickness and hurting going on in our world right now. It probably would be easier just to focus on the hurting people in our little circles, but I encourage you to battle with us on behalf of this family.

1 comment:

Vickie Sims said...

Chris, this is so beautiful thank you so much for this kindness. I know David and Sandra Wims they attended church with us in Baytown at Lakewood Church of Christ. I was looking for Brad's blog oline threw a search and yours popped up with the link to his. Yes, prayers are answered everyday. I am in Mumbia, India with my daughter many of us are having to seek different options for health care. We are at Wockhardt Hosptial where she'll have surgery on Monday Aug 2 2008. I know this is not a new post so I hope you get to read this. So many have prayed for Brad there is nothing to fear for him. He will go home to his wife and children or he'll go home to his heavenly father. It's a win win situation for them thanks to people like you who spread the word. Bless you so much. Now that I have the link to his blog even from India I can keep up with them. That's really just over the top knowing you can want something and get on-line and find it. Lots of love going on because of these prayers keep up the good work.