Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Poor Rich Folk

Just a quick post to plug a really good band in the Fort Worth area called Poor Rich Folk. If you were at Zenith last summer you were able to hear this really cool band. Well, last night was their CD release party at the Ridglea Theatre in Fort Worth. I was able to go with one of my youth group guys. It was kind of funny because the Ridgela is kind of a bar too. So on one of my first youth trips, I took my kids to a bar! Apparently I am really trying to get fired from this new job quicker than usual.

But anyways......

Their new stuff and new CD is awesome stuff. The songwriting and music has definitly gone to a new level on this record. I am proud of the guys. Not only are they really great musicians, they are really cool and humble guys. To me, that is a lot more important than being a good musician.

Their new CD features Dan Hasseltine, the lead singer of Jars of Clay as well as Andrew Osenga from Caedmons Call. They are so much cooler than I.

Go to http://www.myspace.com/poorrichfolk and buy their new CD. You will love it.


Chris

2 comments:

Niki said...

VERY COOL! I loved their last CD so I can't wait to hear the new one. I'm glad they are finding success. They are friendly, down to earth, and talented guys!

Way to go taking your kids to a bar...aren't you living in the buckle of the Bible belt? ;)

Natalie Brooke said...

Way to be a good influence, Chris :)

Awesome...tell them I said congrats! I can't wait to hear it.