Wednesday, May 02, 2007

sunny days.....

While my last post found me burning the candle at both ends, this one finds me doing just the opposite. I am presently in Destin, Florida with my family on the beach (well not really at the beach presently, in the condo). Not too sure if the church would be cool with me taking this laptop down to the beach anyways. Sand in the keyboard isn't too good of a thing, you know?

We have had a great time so far. On Monday my dad, my brother in law, Jeremy, and myself went deep sea fishing. I have only been once before and that time wasn't very successful. I have a picture from that first time and it wasn't very spectacular. It was a pic of me and a very small fish. However, this time was different. While we didn't bag any marlins, we did catch quite a few large fish (11 to be exact.....10 red snapper and 1 very unlucky red grouper........dad snagged him on his belly). We spent the day amongst many redneck drunk guys so, on top of having a great day fishing, we had some really good entertainment to our left and right. What kinda stinks is that the most drunk guy caught the biggest fish. Figures.

Last night we drove over to Milton where my grandma lives. She is 76 and lives in a nursing home. We ate with her, 4 of my uncles, a few of my cousins, and their kids. We had three or four generations of Robeys sitting at the same table. My grandma isn't the most talkative of women and her old age isn't helping a lot with her memory either. She just sat there and watched all of us talk and cut up. She really didn't say anything. One of us jokingly said that it was her fault that all of us were here. I guess that is probably true. I can't imagine looking down a table and seeing several generations of my kids, grandkids, and great grandkids looking back at me. Maybe that is why she was speechless. I might have been as well.


As I close, to avoid any accusations of telling a "big fish story", here is the proof:


2 comments:

liz gibbs said...

I am glad you provided the picture of the "big fish story". For verification purposes.

Natalie Brooke said...

Nice.