Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm such a techno-geek

Seriously. I was a giddy kid last night. We just installed a new projection system in our youth room. Now, mind you, our youth room isn't that big. It will seat about 20-25 kiddos comfortably. But, we have been wanting some kind of system that we can play slides and movie clips on for class. Well, we had a recent widow donate a sizeable chunk of money to the youth program to buy a new laptop and projector. Very nice, indeed. We have been spending the last month trying to get it installed. Well, last night we got it done. The awesome part is that the only good screen we could find in our church was over 8 feet wide and 8 feet long. Thats pretty huge for a room that isn't made to hold any more that 25 kids. So, we have this huge-honkin' screen that is blasting out an HD quaility video feed for our eager eyes to see. Soon, I am going to gather up some old stereo equipment from the casa and hook up a sound system. I am gonna make so many old people mad at my church. We won't play any AC\DC or anything. We might bust some christian rap or something like that.

I will post some pictures of the system soon. Seriously I was giddy when I saw it. Ask my youth group guys. They were making uber-fun of me.

On another good note, I finished my 15 page grad paper last night. It was due today. I am so glad to see my great study habits from college staying true! It's a paper on the nature of elderships from early Judaism to first century Christianity. I might make some people mad with it. Hopefully it makes sense. I will see from my grade I guess.
I hope you guys all had a great turkey day. Talk to ya soon.

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

you could hold some serious dance dance revolution tournaments with your new set up!!