Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I am pretty tired right now. I wrote yesterday about the greatness of my "freedom week" yet that didn't last very long. It seems that in ministry, you had better enjoy your good times, cause they won't last very long. I was on my way out to the lake with some of my kids yesterday when I got a call from a mom in Vernon concerning one of my kids who has gotten into a ton of trouble. I really can't go into detail because of confidentiality, but just know that this is really serious stuff. So I had to drop the kids off (and my dog.....apparently he had a great day swimming) and head back to Vernon to deal with the situation. It took about six hours to really get a grasp on things and to formulate a game-plan as to what I was going to do. Tonight, I have to go to my elders for some advice concerning what to do. So, be praying for my youth kid and my elders as we are figuring out how to deal with this.

It is amazing how something like this completly drains you when you are not expecting it. Hopefully I will get some rest tonight. I am supposed to go golfing tomorrow and if I am pulled away from that, I might just quit youth ministry all together. Just kidding. Have a good one.

Chris

4 comments:

Jason Retherford said...

hey robey, just chekcing in with you

Niki said...

Ahhhh the joys of youth ministry!
I'll send up some prayers for you, your teen, and the situation you're all involoved in. I hope all is resolved quickly.

Glad your dog had fun at the lake! ;) Happy resting!

Natalie Brooke said...

praying for ya'll.

Sarah Downey said...

Hey, nice to see you blogging, Chris! I'll be praying about that situation also. This is my down week before school starts up again, so I'm trying hard to relax hard too. It never really works out that way though...Take care :)