Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well, sorry that is has been so long since my last post. I have been running around like crazy for the last few weeks. For those of you that don't know (and that is probably all of you four people who might look at this BLOG) I started grad school at OC this semester. I finally took the plunge! I have been thinking about it for the last couple of years and it finally worked out to where I can do it. The head of the graduate program turns out to be someone that I know from a previous job interview. So he really bent over backwards to get me into the program. I started out with six hours but had to drop to three just because of my schedule. There is no way (at least this semester) that I can get all of my work done for school and maintain a healthy ministry at the same time. So, I am only taking "Intro to New Testament". I am really enjoying that class. It reminds me about how misinformed I am about the bible. I believe that context and background are so important to understand when studying the bible. I am looking forward to being better informed on what I am teaching and learning from scripture.
Also I had a birthday yesterday. I am not posting that information for any other reason than to show you a picture of what some of my youth did to my office.











Now, to the untrained eye, you would assume that my office is no diffrent than usual. Yet, don't let the messy desk destract you. They broke in my office yesterday and vandalized it! Those hosers! Yet, they put these notes on my desk that made it all better.....

And, who is gonna argue with that? Love you guys......

Chris

3 comments:

Sarah Downey said...

That's great! Who can be mad with brown-nosing statements like that!

Niki said...

Happy Birthday! How does it feel to be 21??? HaHa Just joking!

Dude! Paint your walls, you're not 50! Brown paneling is definitely out! :)

Glad your class is going well. I'm also glad you're blogging again. The 4 of us have missed you! :) (yeah, I'm in a mood)

Natalie Brooke said...

So you're going to grad school? Good for you. Welcome to OC! When are you in town for classes?

Talk to you later, Happy birthday!